- Lively capital of the Pyrenees-Orientales with many attractions: Palais des Rois Majorque, City Gate, Cathedral Saint Jean Baptiste, La Loge de la mer (old maritime trade exchange), old town, market, market hall (160,000 inhabitants)
- Actions: Boating on river, ascent of the tower
- One of the most beautiful cities in the Roussillon region: picturesque in a bay located on the rocky coast of the Cote Vermeille. The coastal city is dominated by the great fortress in the harbour.
- Attractions: seafront promenade, old town, Chateau Royale castle, Chemin de Fauvisme painting museum
- Medieval picture book village with many visitors in the high season
- Small village with about 200 inhabitants at the foot of the Pic du Canigou on the banks of the T.T. Villefranche-de-Conflent has been declared one of the most beautiful villages in France by the Les Plus Beaux Villages de France association. The medieval city walls and their beginnings date back to the 11th century, and from 1681 onwards it was expanded and raised. It is still fully preserved.